Здравствуйте, Гость

Автор Тема: AD&D or Pathfinder - experimental English lesson by native English speaker  (Прочитано 1282 раз)

Оффлайн flup

• Гость
    • Просмотр профиля
Some of you may have seen, my other post here http://rpg-world.org/index.php/topic,2044.0.html
I've been teaching English in Moscow for over 14 years now, and I've decided to do something completely different and
experimental - teach English through playing D&D.

My idea is combine the DM role with that of English teacher. We would play of course, but there would be corrections,
vocabulary study, and perhaps some formal instruction at the end, maybe even homework (such as writing character backgrounds in
English, etc)

I haven't worked out the details or price or anything like that, and the point of this post isn't to advertise myself or spam the forum, but to see if there is any interest and
to see if anyone has any ideas to share. Please feel free to post here, private message me, or contact me via skype, username flupwatson

My background is 1st edition AD&D but I'm learning Pathfinder / D&D 3.5 which looks like a fun possibility as well.

Оффлайн lender

• Завсегдатай
    • Просмотр профиля
Re: AD&D or Pathfinder - experimental English lesson by native English speaker
« Ответ #1 : Апреля 04, 2011, 22:16 »
Very interested in it, and if age is not problem (and of course my not very good knowledge of English), i can read over the basics of 3,5 or Pathfinder, or any other system the game will be on.

My idea is combine the DM role with that of English teacher. We would play of course, but there would be corrections,
vocabulary study, and perhaps some formal instruction at the end, maybe even homework (such as writing character backgrounds in
English, etc)

That would be just great for me.

Оффлайн Leeder

• Старожил
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #2 : Апреля 04, 2011, 22:31 »
Why? Why in Moscow again???

I am playing in English in the same style of semi-training/semi-playing on a forum, but real-life roleplaying could be drastically better. I wish you have a good game.  :good:

Оффлайн lender

• Завсегдатай
    • Просмотр профиля
« Ответ #3 : Апреля 09, 2011, 21:56 »
So, something new about those "lessons"?