1. Other spells of this sort let the spellcaster choose from among several broad options. For example, conjure minor elementals offers four options. Here are the first two:•One elemental of challenge rating 2 or lower•Two elementals of challenge rating 1 or lower - ?
1. What’s the amount of interaction needed to use a spellcasting focus? Does it have to be included in the somatic component? If a spell has a material component, you need to handle that component when you cast the spell (PH, 203). The same rule applies if you’re using a spellcasting focus as the material component. - ?
2. You need to load each bolt into the weapon, and doing so requires a hand. To dig deeper into this point, take a look at the following sentence in the definition of the ammunition property: “Drawing the ammunition from a quiver, case, or other container is part of the attack.” - ?
More complexity would be added to the game, and with more complexity, there is greater potential for slower play. - ?
If you want to wait to act in response to something, take the Ready action, which lets you take part of your turn later.
If you could delay your turn, your decision-making would possibly become slower, since you would have to consider whether you wanted to take your turn at all. Multiply that extra analysis by the number of characters and monsters in a combat, and you have the potential for many slowdowns in play
1. By extension, the Extra Attack feature (given by several classes, including the fighter and paladin) doesn’t let you cast extra attack spells. That feature specifically relies on the Attack action, not the Cast a Spell action or any other action. - ?
2. The opportunity attack doesn’t suddenly give you the ability to cast a spell, such as shocking grasp. - ?
1. A spellcaster can certainly express a preference for what creatures shows up, but it’s up to the DM to determine if they do. The DM will often choose creatures that are appropriate for the campaign and that will be fun to introduce in a scene. - ?
2. The errata for the first printing of the Player’s Handbook sparked a number of questions. - ?
Всем спасибо!1. The Trance trait is, ultimately, meant to highlight the otherworldly character of elves, not to give them an edge in the game. - ?2. Why even have a column like Sage Advice when a DM can just make a ruling? - Есть какой-то общепринятый термин на русском?