1. Other spells of this sort let the spellcaster choose from among several broad options. For example, conjure minor elementals offers four options. Here are the first two:•One elemental of challenge rating 2 or lower•Two elementals of challenge rating 1 or lower - ?
1. What’s the amount of interaction needed to use a spellcasting focus? Does it have to be included in the somatic component? If a spell has a material component, you need to handle that component when you cast the spell (PH, 203). The same rule applies if you’re using a spellcasting focus as the material component. - ?
2. You need to load each bolt into the weapon, and doing so requires a hand. To dig deeper into this point, take a look at the following sentence in the definition of the ammunition property: “Drawing the ammunition from a quiver, case, or other container is part of the attack.” - ?
More complexity would be added to the game, and with more complexity, there is greater potential for slower play. - ?
If you want to wait to act in response to something, take the Ready action, which lets you take part of your turn later.
If you could delay your turn, your decision-making would possibly become slower, since you would have to consider whether you wanted to take your turn at all. Multiply that extra analysis by the number of characters and monsters in a combat, and you have the potential for many slowdowns in play
1. By extension, the Extra Attack feature (given by several classes, including the fighter and paladin) doesn’t let you cast extra attack spells. That feature specifically relies on the Attack action, not the Cast a Spell action or any other action. - ?
2. The opportunity attack doesn’t suddenly give you the ability to cast a spell, such as shocking grasp. - ?
1. A spellcaster can certainly express a preference for what creatures shows up, but it’s up to the DM to determine if they do. The DM will often choose creatures that are appropriate for the campaign and that will be fun to introduce in a scene. - ?
2. The errata for the first printing of the Player’s Handbook sparked a number of questions. - ?
Всем спасибо!1. The Trance trait is, ultimately, meant to highlight the otherworldly character of elves, not to give them an edge in the game. - ?2. Why even have a column like Sage Advice when a DM can just make a ruling? - Есть какой-то общепринятый термин на русском?
When we come across something that is more of a redesign than a correction, we put it into a queue of things to playtest and possibly publish at a later date. We’ll let you know if a redesign is around the corner! - ?
Don’t expect any dramatic rules changes to show up in the forthcoming errata. We’re focusing on straightforward corrections: cutting extraneous words, adding missing ones, and clarifying things that are unclear. - ?
1. In the new edition, the errata process is strictly for the correction of such things. Rebalancing and redesigning game elements is the domain of playtesting, Unearthed Arcana articles, new design, and possible revision later in the edition’s lifespan.
2. You feel the Beastmaster is underpowered? We’ve had our eye on that subclass for a while.
1. It’s not intended to be filled with new design surprises. It’s meant to repair spots where we forgot to tell you something, where we inadvertently told you the wrong thing, or where some of you grasped our design intent and others didn’t, as a result of the text not being clear enough. - ?
2. The Trance trait is, ultimately, meant to highlight the otherworldly character of elves, not to give them an edge in the game.That all said, if you’re the DM and you decide to let Trance shorten an elf’s long rest, you’re not going to break the game. You are making a world-building choice if you do so. - ?
1. Тут неплохо бы побольше контекста, так как непонятно, что это за "It".
1. Many unexpected things can happen in a D&D campaign, and no set of rules could reasonably account for every contingency. If the rules tried to do so, the game would become unplayable. An alternative would be for the rules to severely limit what characters can do, which would be counter to the open-endedness of D&D. - ?
2. When I answer rules questions, I often come at them from one to three different perspectives. RAW. “Rules as written”—that’s what RAW stands for.RAI: “rules as intended.”RAF, “rules as fun.” - с одной из трёх, или от одной до трёх? И есть ли хорошие обозначения на русском для RAW и прочих подходов, или лучше просто оставить английские?